Eco-friendly Material: Benefits of Natural Woven Fabric
In recent years, with the growing awareness of global environmental issues, sustainable environmental protection and circular economy have become goals pursued by various industries. In the natural fabric weaving industry, NATUMAT is a company dedicated to sustainable development. Over the past decade, it has continuously innovated and adopted sustainable materials such as environmentally-friendly recycled yarn and FSC certified pulp to reduce its impact on the environment.
First, let us understand what a circular economy is. A circular economy refers to maximizing the use and regeneration of resources through the recycling and reuse of waste and resources, while reducing the burden on the environment and carbon emissions. In this economic model, companies need to achieve sustainable development through innovative technologies and green development.
NATUMAT changed the dye from oil-based to water-based, reducing its impact on the environment. Secondly, NATUMAT introduced sustainable materials such as eco-friendly recycled yarns and FSC-certified pulp materials, further improving resource efficiency and environmental benefits.
Currently, NATUMAT is striving to develop the application of using scraps for recycling and reuse, which can not only reduce waste and resource consumption but also further improve its environmental protection level.
The two most common materials used for fabric weaving are natural and synthetic fabrics. Natural fabrics are made from natural fibers, while synthetic fabrics are produced through chemical processes. The following are the main differences between the two types of fabrics.
Natural fabric is made from natural fibers such as hemp, flax, jute, RL blends, and cotton yarn. These fibers are extracted from plants, animals, or minerals and are processed and woven into fabric. These fabrics have good breathability, are soft and comfortable. NATUMAT’s natural fabrics are suitable for interior decoration. Natural fiber woven products are designed for those who care about the earth environment. The second advantage is that this kind of fiber will have a very natural effect after light transmission. In addition, natural fiber fabrics can be biodegraded, causing less environmental impact.
Synthetic fabric is made from chemically synthesized fibers. These fibers are typically extracted from petrochemical products such as polyester, nylon, and acrylic. Unlike natural fibers, these fibers have a harder texture, a poorer hand feel, and also have poorer moisture-wicking and breathability properties. Furthermore, some synthetic fibers, such as PVC, may release harmful chemicals that have adverse effects on human health and the environment.
Types of Natural Fibers We Use
- Cotton: Cotton is one of the most popular types of fiber. It's extensively used in numerous products as it's durable, permeable, and easy to clean. Cotton is primarily composed of cellulose, an insoluble organic compound pivotal to plant structure, and is a soft and ethereal material.
- Jute: Jute is a natural fiber from the jute plant, which is used for fabric weaving. Jute is a popular textile to make rugs and burlap cloths. The products made from jute bring a natural and organic taste to our life. Jute is recyclable and biodegradable.
- Paper: Paper-made fabric adds grassy scents to the finished products. It is a type of material with lightweight and texture but can be created into wood or bamboo look fabric. Similar to grasscloth fabric, the paper also brings a rich, organic, and relaxing vibe.
When choosing natural fiber types, considering the environmental impact is crucial. Plant-based natural fibers excel in this aspect as their raw materials are sourced from plants, which can absorb a significant amount of carbon dioxide during the growing process, helping to mitigate the impact of global climate change. Additionally, these types of natural fibers can naturally decompose after use, without causing environmental harm, which is a significant advantage compared to synthetic fiber products.
Moreover, plant-based natural fibers offer many advantages in terms of sustainable management. Since their raw materials are sourced from plants, their production can be better managed to ensure the sustainability of the source materials. Many manufacturers adopt sustainable practices in their production processes, such as organic farming and the use of recycled fibers, to reduce environmental impact. Furthermore, many plant-based natural fiber products can be recycled and reused, further reducing waste and environmental pollution. Overall, choosing to use plant-based natural fibers can contribute to a more sustainable mode of production and consumption.
NATUMAT is committed to the research and production of natural fiber curtains or roller blinds, which have the following advantages:
- Natural beauty: Natural fiber products have a natural beauty and texture, creating a warm and comfortable atmosphere indoors.
- Good breathability: Natural fibers have good breathability, allowing air to circulate and regulating indoor temperature and humidity.
- Good dust-proof effect: The surface of curtains or roller blinds made of natural fiber materials is rough and easily adsorbs dust, providing excellent dust-proof effect.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable: Natural fiber materials are derived from plants, and the manufacturing process has minimal impact on the environment. Natural fiber products can be recycled and reused after use, aligning with the concept of environmentally friendly and sustainable development.
- High durability: Natural fiber products have a certain level of durability, are not easily worn or deformed, and can be used for a long time.
- Easy to maintain: Just wipe with a dry cloth or use the vacuum cleaner. Natural fiber fabrics cannot be cleaned by water or detergent.
- Diverse shapes: Natural fiber materials can be used to create various shapes and styles, such as roller blinds, panel curtains, Roman blinds, and vertical blinds, meeting the needs of different customers.
Overall, natural fiber products have many advantages in the field of curtains or roller blinds, bringing natural, environmentally friendly, beautiful, and practical features to indoor decoration.
In addition to its current applications, NATUMAT is actively developing higher-end decorative panels by combining thermoplastic materials. Thermoplastic is a plastic material with high plasticity that can be deformed at high temperatures and maintain its shape after cooling. It can also be re-heated and re-shaped. This material is increasingly used in luggage, cabinets, and electronic product casings, and has the following advantages:
- Lightweight: Compared to metal materials, thermoplastics are generally lighter in weight, significantly reducing the total weight of products and improving their portability.
- Durability: Thermoplastics typically have high strength and hardness, making them resistant to scratches and impacts, thereby improving product durability and lifespan.
- Design flexibility: Thermoplastics can be shaped into various shapes and sizes to meet the design requirements of different products.
- Aesthetics: Thermoplastics can be colored or coated to achieve various appearances and colors, increasing product aesthetics.
- Easy processing: Thermoplastics have high processing performance and can be processed by injection molding, blow molding, compression molding, and other methods, thereby achieving mass production and reducing production costs.
Overall, the use of thermoplastics in luggage, cabinets, and electronic product casings offers advantages such as lightweight, durability, design flexibility, aesthetics, and easy processing. This material can meet the performance and appearance requirements of different products and help improve the competitiveness of products in the market.
NATUMAT can customize and discuss designs, sizes, and post-processing according to your ideas.